On July 29th we had a big family get-together here at Vanessa's family's place. Tons of food and a lot of work preparing everything. It was fun though. Got to spend time with 5 of her cousins and talk to her other relatives a bit. Good times.
On August 2nd, Vanessa and I went to Mid Valley and we ate Vietnamese food for dinner. It was pretty good, but surprisingly not as good as back home. I was satisfied nonetheless. The restaurant was called "CỐ ĐÔ" which literally translates to "old capital".
Top photos show the artwork at the bottom of the stairs leading to the restaurant upstairs.
Bottom photo shows our view of the rest of the mall from our table.
I had a bowl of Pho with Beef Slices and a Shrimp Rice Paper Roll, just like when I go out for Viet food back home. The portion was much smaller, about half the size for the Pho and I usually get 3x as many rice paper rolls at home. But with our strong Canadian dollar, it ends up being much cheaper here so there is no worries. The Pho was really nice, my only problem was with the rice paper rolls not coming with the Peanut Sauce that I love so much.
We also ordered a jug of Apple, Orange, and Carrot juice. Freshly blended. It was the same price as ordering two drinks so we ended up saving some money there. It was delicious!
Vanessa ordered a bowl of cold vermicelli and a tofu dish. She liked it. We'll leave it at that :)
On the August 3rd (Yesterday) we went to get Vanessa's car serviced at the Toyota Service Center and wow, did it take long. So we had time to kill. There was a nice big plaza across the street and I was dying for food so we went to Old Town White Coffee. If we had known that Pappa Rich was on the other side of the building we would have gladly went there instead.
I ordered some noodles and french fries (I had a craving) as well as eggs on toast. Vanessa ordered a half boiled egg which looked absolutely disgusting and she was not happy with at all. It looked more like a quarter cooked than half. For these reasons I am not using that picture on this post.
To finish things off, later in the day we went to Sunway Pyramid to get groceries and I bought a new messenger bag for school. I felt like eating Wendy's so... we did. You see... I work at a Wendy's, but seriously... the size of this burger was just.. massive. They really loaded on the condiments (more than you're supposed to). It was really good though. I ordered a triple combo and got a crispy chicken burger (just like last time) for just RM 1. That was Vanessa's dinner. Behold!















Damn quarter boiled eggs!
ReplyDeleteI want moar Viet food!
And you greeedy bastard, you gave me the RM0.99 chicken sandwich while you ate that tower of a burger.
Good times. <3