Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blogging Techniques - Photos

So lately I've been browsing quite a few blogs, trying to get an idea of the techniques people use when blogging. How do people make their sometimes boring lives seem so interesting? And what makes a blog stand out?

Last night I began focusing more on the photos people used on their blogs. Many people watermark their photos, which is a good idea and is not a new concept to me. I just never felt the need to.

There were a few blogs that use filters on their photos to make them look more retro and vintage looking, and I really like the mood that is set by them. I'm not sure how often I will use filters and watermarks on my photos for blog posts in the future, but here is my little test run I did with random photos I took recently.


Let me know what you guys think. Do you like the border/watermark? What about the filter? I'm dying to know

6 comments:

  1. I like the color tones of these pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...i dont know much how to make a 'high class' blog, but 1 thing i know, putting watermark on ur pix is the safer way to protect ur pix and the border just suit ur pix, but i prefer black border :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think not all photos need to filter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. very vintage..
    but dont have to filter la.. ori is nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @CAMMY: Thanks (:

    @rj: Yeah, I think I'll watermark my pics from now on. Also thx for following (:

    @Ronnie: I agree

    @ken: Yeah the originals are good too (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. The filter gives it a vintage look...is that cross processing? I think it suites your blog theme, but is rather unnecessary, since I'd like to see what you saw :P

    ReplyDelete